Monday, August 11, 2008

Beware the bend(PESIT fest '08; 2nd prize)

In a fit of rage
I stabbed his back
Held his head,

Slammed on the rack

Sat down and watched
With no remorse
As blood streamed out
Of his ears and his nose

I checked his pulse
While I stayed,
Made sure I’d killed
The man I betrayed

I left the room
Stinking in gore,
A pulled of blood
Staining the floor

Ten steps later
It caught up with me-
The blood of the man
I’d killed with glee

It traced my steps,
The river of maroon
As I ran in sweat
In the hot afternoon

I didn’t want his blood
On my skin;
By killing him cold,
I’d killed his kin!

It became my shadow
Killing mind alive,
For two seconds of peace
I now had to strive!

Sick and tired of running
From my twisted sin
One day I just gave up
And let the river win

It’d bent life and twisted right
With me as the goal,
But now it had other plans
For my poor twisted soul

As the river touched my nervous feet
I felt a tingling sensation
Wasn’t prepared in all hell
For this torture vacation!

Then came the river’s bend,
One that changed me whole;
It bent with force, right into me
Diffused into my soul

It shot up through the body
Heading for the brain
As I sat down in gloom
Preparing for the pain

I woke up on the floor
Searing pain in back;
Head soaked in blood
Near the broken rack

Soon it dawned on me
I was to die like him;
To suffer like he did;
To know that life was slim

The bend in the blood
Did me in
I pain in the end
For my gruesome sin

Wherever you go
Whatever you sin,
Remember that one day
The river will win!

And when you feel
The bend in the river
Hit your skull
And make you shiver,
Rest my friend;
Await in gloom
For your sins to build
And bring your doom

_______________________________
No sin in this world goes unnoticed. Every sin you commit is a drop in the river of guilt and punishment, which eventually catches up with you. And when it does, it bends into you, inducing the pain you caused to others. Beware the bend in the River of guilt.

No comments: