Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The 8th sin

The following is a modification of one of my previous posts-"King of Cannibals". This is the writing which got me through to the finals of Creative Writing at Utsav'07(BMSCE fest).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They made me king
They rejoiced
They sang, they danced
Celebration they voiced

With owls 'n bats,
Their glee I saw
Wondering when
They'd crown me the law;

As the fateful night
Shone to dawn
Vultures them came
Spread wings of blood
The cause of their presence
I discerned too late
As they nailed on me
The crown of barbs.

As rust diffused into my maroon
Red-eyed, I realized
With meanly loaded shovels of trust
The path to Hell I'd dug.

Hail me, cheer me,
Rejoice, O' cannibals
As i sentence myself
To gallows of doom.

Sloth and wrath I rarely felt
Lust, I never craved;
Envied nothing but Pride
Glutton and Greed I'd braved.

Though kept away from seven sins
The eighth I rode to the Devil's bell;
Too late is all this, as I cry-
Sinking down to ashes of Harrow Hell

Hail me!Cheer me!
Rejoice, O' Cannibals
As i sentence myself,
To gallows of Trust!
----------------------------------
The above extract enlists the feelings of an honest man, who was made the "King" of "Canniblas". Canniblas,here, refers to the people in the real world, who are hungry for you failure. The tortured,dying king here, tries to explain how TRUST is undoubtedly the EIGHTH SIN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good!! :)

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS THE WINNING CW ?

Sanky said...

coming soon my friend.. :)